Water Department Contact Information
Jay Van Bree Office 519-769-2010
Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA)
OCWA Office 519-768-9925 After Hours Emergency 519-435-6456
Mike Taylor Cell 226-545-0414
Southwold summary water reports
There are a number of reports regarding the drinking water within Southwold that must be prepared and submitted to council each year and made available to the residents of Southwold.
These reports relate to the quality of the water as well as to the quality of the operation of the system itself. Further, Southwold purchases its' water from the St Thomas Area Secondary Water Supply System which purchases its' water from the Elgin Area Water System. Both of these entities prepare the same reports for distribution to its' client municipalities.
Currently available reports
St Thomas Secondary System Water Reports
- 2018 Annual Report - Secondary System
- 2017 Annual Report-SecondarySystem
- 2016 Annual Report - Secondary System
- 2015 Annual Report - Secondary System
- 2014 Annual Report - Secondary System
Elgin Middlesex Pumping Station - St. Thomas Area Secondary Water Supply System
- 2018 Compliance Report - Secondary System
- 2015 Compliance Report - Secondary System
- 2014 Compliance Report - Secondary System
Elgin Area Primary Water System
Southwold Annual Reports
- 2019 Annual Report - January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
- 2018 Annual Report - January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
- 2017 Annual Report -January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- 2016 Annual Report - January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016
- 2015 Annual Report - January 1 2015 to December 31, 2015
- 2014 Annual Report - January 1 2014 to December 31, 2014
Southwold Inspection Reports
The Ministry of the Environment inspects water systems annually for compliance with regulations and adherence to drinking water license requirements.
St. Thomas Water Distribution System
Drinking Water Quality Management System
The Township of Southwold, in coordination with their Operating Authority, is committed to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements to supply safe drinking water to meet their consumers' requirements. The Township of Southwold and their Operating Authority are committed to the maintenance and continual improvement of the Quality Management System and the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard.
The Ministry of the Environment established a licensing system for water systems under the Safe Drinking Water Act. As part of this licensing system, owners of drinking water systems must develop a 6-year financial plan that demonstrates the financial sustainability of the system. The Township of Southwold has developed a financial plan in accordance with the Act and pertinent regulations and has published the FINANCIAL PLAN that was approved on January 11, 2016 for your information.
Operating Plan-Lynhurst Area revision 2.1 approved December 10, 2019
Drinking Water Quality Management System Policy - Southwold Water Distribution System - Lynhurst Area - Revision 2.1
Anyone with questions regarding the financial plan may contact the office:
Did you know...???
Fluoride is added to the drinking water at the Elgin Area Treatment Plant. For more information regarding fluoride and the health benefits/concerns, please visit Primary Water System website.